Tips for Student Parent Academic Success
- Let ALL your professors know that you are a parent; they will be much more willing to work with you should something arise if they were prepared in advance
- Continue to connect with your professors throughout the term, get THEM invested in YOUR success
- Network with other student parents in case you need last minute babysitting
- Find a friend in each of your classes you can rely on for notes in case of absence
The Parent HelpLine provides a free, confidential telephone resource for parents and caregivers of children up to six years old.
Lane County: 1-888-485-5211
The Parent HelpLine is staffed by professional Parent Educators who are there to:
- Talk about parenting, child development and behavior, family stress and more.
- Help parents find a playgroup or parent support group;
- Directly transfer concerned parents to local or issue-specific services, and;
- Schedule time to talk about the specific needs of individual families.
Parenting Now! - Resources and Learning Opportunities for Parents
LaneKids is Lane County’s hub for parents! Find informative parenting info, locate activities to do with your kids and connect with resources across Lane County.