Employee Leaves for Faculty and Staff

Attention: Graduate Employees

Graduate employees are not eligible for the Federal Medical Leave Act or the Oregon Family Leave Act. Refer to Graduate Employee Family and Medical Leave webpage for information about leave options provided in the collective bargaining agreement.

Take Action

Types of Leaves

Employees need time away from work for many different types of situations. Whether it’s time off from work to take care for a new child, or deal with a serious health situation involving a family member or themselves, employees will want to request the time that they need from their supervisor.  Below you’ll find the different types of employee leaves along with the university forms to complete the paperwork. 

Supervisors must notify Human Resources so the proper documentation can be sent to the employee requesting leave.   After reviewing this information if you have further questions, please contact the Leaves Coordinator in Human Resources for more information at 541-346-2950 or HRLeaves@uoregon.edu.

Select the type of leave needed for more information and instructions:

Paid Family and Medical Leave

Paid Family and Medical Leave Oregon is state-mandated program that ensures individuals, employers, and families — of every kind — have the time and support they need to care for themselves and their loved ones when life's important moments affect their health and safety. This new program provides paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child, you or a loved one's serious illness or if you experience sexual assault, domestic violence, harassment, or stalking.

The University of Oregon has contracted with TheStandard to administer a plan that meets program requirements and cost-sharing contribution rates set by the State. Contributions and benefits are currently set to begin in September of 2023.

Visit the Paid Family and Medical Leave webpage for more information.