Education is a key component of retirement planning. UO employees have access to a variety of education resources and workshops provided on the retirement plans' websites (links provided below).
Oregon Savings Growth Plan Workshop in March
Is your pension going to be enough? Learn how the state of Oregon's deferred compensation plan can help increase your retirement income. Examine the time value of money, your investment options with OSGP, and compare Roth and pre-tax options to determine what works for you!
March 5, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., EMU Coquille Room 104. No registration required.
The UO Benefits Office extends to you an invitation to receive one-to-one financial counseling from an investment adviser. This is an excellent opportunity to build a relationship with a Financial Planner as you save for retirement. Advisers offer a limited number of in person meetings on select dates as well as a virtual meeting option.
Retirement Education Webinars
- Get Started and Save for the Future You If you want to get started in your workplace savings plan, or to save more, learn the benefits of your workplace savings plan, how to enroll, and small steps you can take to save more.
- Maximize Social Security in Your Retirement Strategy If you want to understand important Social Security claiming strategies, learn about strategies for claiming your Social Security benefit and how it fits with other income sources to create your retirement paycheck.
- More Fidelity On Demand Education Videos
PERS education sessions now available via webinar. Details and registration information available on the PERS website, which is linked in the webinar titles.
How does PERS work?
Watch a short video to better understand the PERS system and pension plans.
TIAA webinars are available on demand. Register through the TIAA website to view the available education presentations on the following topics:
- Tomorrow in Focus
- Inside Money
- Money at Work 1
- She’s Got It: A woman’s guide to saving and investing
- Optimizing Your Retirement
Webinars en Español
Ofrecen webinars en Español. Una lista complete y el registro disponibles en el sitio TIAA.
There are webinars now offered in Spanish. A complete listing and registration is available on the TIAA website.
- Visit the Oregon Savings Growth Plan website to register for a workshop.
Retirement plan administrators provide a wide variety of online retirement planning resources. Links to resources are provided below:
Plan administrators for ORP plans also provide educational materials and information on their websites.