International Employee Relations: Department Information

Departments play an integral role in supporting international employees.  HR provides the following information to assist department representatives:

As a member of a UO unit, what do I do if an immigration enforcement official requests information about a UO employee?

The UO Office of the General Counsel is the point of first contact for law enforcement officials seeking information about a UO employee. Contact the general counsel at 541-346-3082 or

How can a UO departments show its support of employees who may be struggling with the current immigration climate?

While UO rules prohibit use of public resources (UO email, websites, etc) for advocacy of a personal political stance, individuals can express personal support for employees who feel anxiety and stress.

Connecting an individual with the services to best meet the individual’s needs is a pragmatic way to show support. Campus services designed to support our global employees include the following.

Where do I go with questions about international employee concerns?

Please contact International Student and Scholar Services in the Division of Global Engagement at or 541-346-3206.