The Professional Development Opportunity Fund (PDOF) provides financial assistance for staff development opportunities beyond what departments can afford. An employee or their department may apply for reimbursement from this fund of up to $200 per term per employee for training and development activities as described in the guidelines below. Employees must be 0.5 FTE or greater to access the fund. Professional development supported by this fund must be work-related, benefit both the employee and the University and be approved by the employee’s supervisor.
Funds are available on a first-come first-served basis until the fund has been exhausted.
The fund shall be used for:
- Seminars, workshops, continuing education units (CEU's) offered by professional organizations, or other work-related professional development courses. Such training must benefit both the employee and the University.
- Work-related professional development credit courses at the UO, Lane Community College, or non-admitted community education courses.
- Travel per diem (transportation, meals, and lodging) reimbursement for each approved professional development course. All training must be approved in accordance with University travel procedures before any trip is taken for which reimbursement is sought.
Funding is NOT available for:
- Training mandated by outside agencies or contracts.
- Books and materials for classes.
- Cost of professional memberships. The fund may be used for workshops, trainings and travel related to those memberships.
Submit a Request
Please take the following steps to submit a request:
- Review the Professional Development Opportunity Fund guidelines prior to submitting a request for funds.
- Submit a completed PDOF form with a copy of receipt(s), copy of flyer, workshop announcement or class registration form to Human Resources by email to email@example.com.
If the PDOF request is approved, reimbursement to the employee will be requested at the end of the course or workshop. Reimbursements to departments will be completed by a JV to the index provided on the form.
If you have questions regarding the fund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.