Unlocking the true value of HR requires a comprehensive approach to ongoing human resources training. Investment in continued growth plays a critical role in ensuring the human resources community is prepared, aligned, and positioned to serve as strategic partners for employees and campus leaders.
The following content library has been developed to provide HR practitioners and professionals with the needed knowledge and skills to perform effectively. HR practitioners and professionals need to possess technical HR expertise, an understanding of supervisory practices and management principles, and the ability to advance diversity and inclusion efforts in order to be successful in their roles.
All these skills play roles in maximizing talent management, recruiting, compensation, hiring, employee engagement and development, employee relations, HR strategy, and other human resources functions.
The HRCP training program focuses on knowledge areas and targets skills that are important at all levels of human resources.
The trainings are categorized by content areas. Each area includes:
- Accessible eLearning courses and instructor-led courses.
eLearning courses are hosted in either MyTrack Learning or LinkedIn Learning. Register for instructor-led courses in MyTrack Learning.
- Additional resource links to relevant information, guides, and forms on the HR website.
All HR training courses can be found in MyTrack Learning by filtering the learning library by Competencies- Human Resources.
Website Links to Reference and Bookmark
The following links provide HR Partners quick access to frequently used information and forms.
- Employee Engagement Guide
Includes manager & supervisor strategies, individual employee strategies and resources
- Employee Record Retention
- Deadlines for Appointments and PRF’s
- Flexible Work Arrangements Policy and Guidance
- HR Partner Resources by employee type
- Identity Management
- MyTrack Dashboard Login
Gives you access to all MyTrack functions including the Recruitment Module and MyTrack Learning
- MyTrack Recruitment Module
Takes you directly to the recruitment module
- MyTrack: User Guides and Tools
Step-by-step guides and reference tools
- Personnel Actions
Includes request to offer, pay requests and employee separation
- Position Affiliation Types
Information Services page on identity management, identifying types of affiliation with the university
- Records and Data Management
- Required Workplace Notices and Posters
- Student Workers - Policies and Procedures
- UO Policy Library
- UO Employment Policies: Frequently Referenced Policies, Guidance, and Reporting Options
The following links provide HR Partners quick access to information based on the employee lifecycle.
- Position Descriptions
- Job Requisitions
- Background Check Guidelines for Hiring Authorities
- Payroll and time entry
- Employee Engagement
- Wellness Programs
- Performance Management
- Learning and Development
- Events and Recognition
- Separation Resources
HR Community of Practice
The Human Resources Community of Practice is a way to stay informed and up-to-date on UO Human Resources practices and connect with University HR employees and other HR professionals across the institution. HRCP provides an opportunity to foster creativity, critical thinking, and compliance with HR practices as well as exchange ideas and collaborate with others.
Refer to the HR Community of Practice web section on the HR website for meeting dates, competencies, upcoming events, and development opportunities.
LinkedIn Learning opportunities for certification preparation:
- Introduction to the SHRM-CP Certification Exam, 1 course - Intermediate - 1h 6m
- Certification Prep: SHRM-CP, 1 course - Advanced - 2h 32m
- Preparing for the SHRM-CP Exam, 1 course – Beginner – 20 m
- Introduction to the PHR Certification Exam, 1 course - Intermediate - 58m
- Certification Prep: Professional in Human Resources (PHR)®, 1 course - Advanced - 2h 44m
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
Full list of courses in LinkedIn Learning that offer HR certification credits: