The following tools will assist you with completing a position description:
PD Tools & Resources
- Position Description Guidelines
Comprehensive guidance for creating position descriptions that cover all elements of the MyTrack PD and how to complete and submit a PD for review.
- Position Description Checklist
This document is intended to be a checklist that can be reviewed against a PD to ensure key information that is required for reviews is complete.
- Position Description Overview Video
A visual tour of the MyTrack position description from the 2019 update.
- Glossary of Terms
Definitions of terms used to complete a position description.
- Position Description Field Definitions
This document lists the drop-down fields in the PD. It provides long-form definitions that map to the short-form selections in MyTrack.
System Reference Guides
- PD Module User Guide
Step-by-step instructions for creating a new position description or viewing an existing one.
- PD Module Fields References
Information about each field to be completed in a position description in MyTrack.
- Position Description Action Table
This table provides guidance for units/departments on when to create a new position description in MyTrack vs. when to edit an existing position description.
- Approval Processes Guide
A list of approval steps and related roles required to complete position description processes in MyTrack.
- How to Print a PD and Export to Word
Supervisors or Employees may wish to print their PD to PDF and export to a Word document as a working draft. They may also copy/paste from the PDF into the MyTrack PD Template if desired.
- How to view my PD (employee)
Employees can use this document to navigate to and view their PD in MyTrack until the supervisor begins editing the PD in MyTrack.
General Position Description Guidance
- Position Description Considerations: HR shares general guidelines for developing and applying an approach for creating and maintaining accurate position descriptions.