Eligible employees may transfer the staff tuition benefit to one family member each term.
- Family members admitted to a degree program may register for up to 12 hours of credit each term at reduced rate universities.
- Non-degree students registering through the UO Community Education Program are limited to 8 credit hours each term.
Faculty and Officers of Administration may transfer the staff tuition benefit to a second child, so long as:
- one child attends the University of Oregon; and
- the children are enrolled as undergraduates.
- Some programs are excluded from this benefit. Review the Excluded Programs for universities. If your family member is receiving financial aid, you may contact the financial aid office to inquire about the effect of staff fee privileges on the student's financial aid.
- Family members must pay all mandatory student fees. Contact the other universities for this information if your family member is not attending the UO.
- The employee is required to complete the Staff Fee Privileges Approval Form each term. This form is due in Human Resources two weeks before the first day of classes. If you transfer this benefit to your domestic partner, you must also complete an Affidavit of Domestic Partnership (PDF) form to be kept on file in Human Resources. After approval, Human Resources will forward the form to the institution where your family member is taking classes.
- Your family member must register for classes separately. Billing information will be available to the student on DuckWeb.