Part time faculty who are working at a single or multiple Oregon public institution(s) of higher education, universities and/or community colleges, have the opportunity to enroll in employee only, medical/prescription, dental and vision coverage. They may select their plans from the same plans available to full time faculty, excluding the medical opt out option.
Part time faculty, who meet the enrollment requirements, will designate a “home institution” that will verify eligibility for coverage and administer this benefit program. The faculty member must be actively working and receiving a paycheck from the selected home institution and will select from healthcare plans available at that institution. It is the faculty member’s responsibility to designate their home institution after researching and comparing plan options and costs at the different institutions at which they work.
- Must be actively working and receiving a paycheck for the home institution for the current term
- Eligible for PERS membership during the previous calendar year using PERS definition for annual eligibility. (This includes individuals currently enrolled in ORP).
- Only teaching hours count towards determining PERS membership eligibility. (Research & other duties do not count)
Enrollment periods will be offered during the first 30 days from the start of each academic term. Coverage is effective first of the month following enrollment.
Faculty hired mid-term may request an exception to enroll outside of above enrollment periods.
University of Oregon Enrollment Process
If you are a part time faculty member actively working and receiving a paycheck at the UO and choose to designate the UO as your home institution, then you will enroll in plans available through the UO following these instructions:
- Submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Required form: Part Time Faculty Attestation of Eligibility for Benefits Coverage
- Gather the documents that demonstrate proof of eligibility from the institutions you have worked during the previous calendar year. Documentation must state total teaching hours worked in the previous calendar year.
- To be eligible for this program, you may not be currently covered by or eligible for a PEBB or OEBB medical plan as an employee or dependent.
- UO Benefits staff will notify you via email of your eligibility status.
- Once eligibility is confirmed, complete required enrollment materials by the stipulated deadline. Materials and deadline will be provided by the Benefits Office.
Coverage will be effective first of the month following enrollment.
It is the faculty member’s responsibility to notify the benefits office at their designated home institution when changes occur to their employment status.
If UO is your designated home institution and you stop working for the UO, coverage will be terminated, and you will be notified of the coverage end date.
If you still meet the eligibility criteria, you will need to select a new home institution and enroll in a plan available through your new home institution.
Questions or Assistance
Please contact email@example.com for further assistance.
The terms and conditions are subject to change in accordance with legislative action.