HRCP Training Library - Other Content Areas
Provide the knowledge, skills, and resources to initiate, navigate, and successfully complete the hiring process.
Learning outcomes include:
- The UO core recruitment practices and obligation.
- Writing position descriptions for recruitment.
- Launching a search and building a robust pool of applicants.
- Making an offer.
- Using MyTrack and resources and support.
- Understands and applies UO core recruitment practices (competitive recruitment, inclusive practices, and candidate experience) and the obligations of a public employer
- Maintains knowledge and use of UO talent management system (MyTrack) and authorized processes and procedures.
- Understands and applies relevant HR laws, rules, regulations, and UO policy related to recruiting and hiring (e.g., veteran’s preference, OEPA, adverse action, etc.)
- Partners work with hiring managers to ensure search processes and selection decisions are compliant with policy, laws, and regulations, and selections are appropriately documented.
- Oversees or advises search or selection committees, including developing strategies consistent with best practice and compliant with applicable laws.
- Assists managers with presenting offer packages and negotiation strategies.
- Establishes onboarding approach to ensure an effective transition
|This training is the first in a series covering how to recruit, hire, and retain top talent at the University of Oregon. You will learn where to go for resources and who to contact for suport during the recruitment and hiring process, review UO’s core recruitment practices and the obligations we have as a public employer, and explore typical steps in a recruitment process. The following courses are intended to be viewed in order.
|This training is the second in a series covering how to recruit, hire, and retain top talent at the University of Oregon. You will learn how position descriptions are used in the recruitment process, define the parts of position descriptions used in job ads, review how to create effective and engaging department and position summaries, and examine ways to define and write qualifications and competencies that align with recruitment and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion best practices.
|This training is the third in a series covering how to recruit, hire, and retain top talent at the University of Oregon. You will learn how to launch a search in MyTrack and will be introduced to different MyTrack user roles and their permissions. You will review how to design and implement an effective recruitment plan and describe three effective methods for reaching a diverse body of potential candidates.
|This training is the fourth in a series covering how to recruit, hire, and retain top talent at the University of Oregon. You will learn how to make offers, negotiate with candidates, write contingent offer letters, and complete offer cards in MyTrack.
[instructor led, 16h, multi day course]
|The search advocate training curriculum prepares faculty and staff to serve as advocates on search committees. During this course participants will learn how to work to advance inclusive excellence by asking questions, test thinking, identifying, and promoting practices that advance diversity and social justice, and minimizing the impacts of cognitive and structural biases.
|MyTrack is an enterprise-wide software platform designed to manage the recruitment and development of University of Oregon Employees. This course will introduce those new to MyTrack to its tools and functionality. You will learn how to find MyTrack on the UO website, login to the platform, and navigate the Learning and Recruitment dashboards. You will also find out about resources and user guides available to users who need to know more about how to use MyTrack for specific functions.
Step-by-step guides and reference tools are available for the following major tasks in MyTrack. Select the title to be taken to the user guide.
- Position Descriptions
Create or edit a position description
- Job Requisitions
Submit a requisition to launch a recruitment
Select and complete approval processes
- Search Committees
Complete search committee tasks
- Applications & Applicants
Manage applicants and application materials
Draft and submit an offer for approval
Assign and manage onboarding tasks