Some life changes are planned and others happen unexpectedly. Employees often need assistance and guidance to help them manage these significant events. Links to many life event changes are provided here.
Buying a Home
- Home Ownership Program, the University of Oregon contracts with Canopy to provide a comprehensive employee assistance program for eligible employees. Contact them for assistance with your home ownership goals.
- Oregon Home Buying Information, Oregon Home Ownership Centers have staff available to assist you with your housing needs and questions.
- Houselogic, provides helpful tips on searching for a home, buying and selling your home, maintaining your home and much more.
Career Transition Resources
- Career Transition Resources have been compiled to include one-on-one counseling session information, job-boards, online and community resources.
Counseling Support/Life Coaching
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), the University of Oregon contracts with Canopy to provide a comprehensive employee assistance program for eligible employees, their dependents and eligible household members. If you are struggling with work or family issues, free confidential help is available through the EAP. They offer counseling sessions, as well as, life coaching sessions.
- Center for Healthy Relationships, the university's Center for Healthy Relationships provides individual therapy services to all ages for a wide range of concerns.
- Psychology Clinic, the university's primary training site for doctoral students, provides high quality, evidence based psychotherapy and psychological assessment services to residents of the Eugene-Springfield area.
Family Changes (adoption, birth, marriage, divorce, death)
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Parental Leave Information
- Update personal information (name or address changes)
- Update benefit information (add or remove family members)
Fertility Health and Family Building
Benefits-eligible employees have exclusive access to a variety of fertility health resources through Canopy, the UO employee assistance provider.
Financial and Legal Consultations
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - the University of Oregon contracts with Canopy to provide a comprehensive employee assistance program for eligible employees, their dependents and eligible household members. If you need financial planning or budgeting help, assistance is available through the EAP.
Gender Identity, Expression and Transition Resources
Serious Illness/Medical Leave
- UO Retirement Plans
- Retirement Education and Counseling Sessions
- Retirement Planning Guide and Resources