Open Enrollment is Coming: October 1-31
Don't Forget: Action is required
As in past years, Open Enrollment is mandatory for all benefit eligible employees.
- Increased medical plan deductible--Additional $100/person
- Tobacco Surcharge (even if you don’t use tobacco)
- Spouse/Domestic Partner Surcharge (if enrolled on your medical plan)
Take Action Now: Health Engagement Model
Open Enrollment includes a Health Engagement Model (HEM) Program. Get the process started by taking the following action:
- Review the HEM and its requirements on the PEBB website.
- Make a decision about participation in HEM.
Employees who complete the health assessment and enroll in the HEM during Open Enrollment, which begins Oct. 1, will receive a monthly incentive of $17.50.
- If you know you will participate, complete the online Health Assessment Questionnaire between September 1 and October 31.
- Health assessments done outside of these dates will not be accepted. Be sure to print or save your completion certificate.
- Go to the PEBB website for instructions and follow the links to access the assessment for your current medical plan.
Benefits Fair on October 18
EMU Crater Lake Room, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Learn about your benefit choices from plan representatives.
- Explore the wellness programs that PEBB offers.
- Learn more about available Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services
Important Dates & Deadlines
September 1: Health Assessment
Health assessment questionnaire available. Complete the required health assessment if you know you will participate in the Health Engagement Model program.
October 1-31: Open Enrollment Period
Take action to complete the Open Enrollment process and elect participation in the Health Engagement Model.
Reminder: Open Enrollment is required. All benefit eligible employees must take action even if no changes to current elections are made.
October 18: Benefits Fair, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., EMU Crater Lake Room
October 31: Last day to submit your open enrollment elections.
Action is required, even if you plan to make no changes to your current elections.
UO Benefits Office, the Public Employee Benefit Board (PEBB), and medical insurance carriers will be sending information about Open Enrollment and the Health Engagement Model (HEM) program throughout September and October. Watch for communication arriving in many ways:
- Direct email to your UO account.
- AroundtheO articles.
- Direct mail to your home mailing address.