Gender Change Information

We recommend that employees who wish to change their name or gender marker on state identification (birth certificate, driver's license, etc.) consult Lambda Legal, ResourcesPDX and the Oregon DMV website for more information. ResourcesPDX has a step by step guide to changing gender on legal identification documents in Oregon. Residents of Lane County can download the necessary gender and name change documents here.  Three other helpful resources are TransponderBasic Rights Oregon, and the Oregon Health Plan Coverage of Gender Dysphoria FAQ.

Once you have your new state identification document, complete the Legal Name/Gender Change Form and send it with a copy of your new SSN card to the university's Payroll Office. Additionally, the LGBTESSP encourages employees whose preferred name differs from their legal one to fill out the Preferred First Name form under "Personal Information" in DuckWeb.

If you have additional questions, you can contact the LGBT Education & Support Services or if you are seeking additional support, please contact Anne Willis at