The HR Community of Practice is a group of university employees who are responsible for HR functions within their divisions or departments. These employees partner with University Human Resources to discuss and implement important HR policies and processes. The community is a way to communicate with University Human Resources, as well as each other, to foster creativity, critical thinking and compliance. Meetings are scheduled for the first Wednesday of each month, at 2:00 PM. View the meeting schedule below.
HR practitioners, professionals, and University HR have unique roles to play to ensure the HR work is accomplished at the University of Oregon. Each role depends on the other. It is University HR's job to ensure we are supporting the professionals and practitioners. Our goals are to reduce duplication of efforts, increase efficiencies, increase education and knowledge, and continue to build and improve our HR competencies.
Next HR Community of Practice Meeting:
October 5, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Zoom meeting
The Zoom meeting link will be sent to HR Partners in the meeting reminder email.
The meeting presentation will be available on the Meeting Highlights web page the day before the scheduled meeting.
HR Community of Practice Information & Resources
Daisy Duck has been Hired at the UO! This HR Community of Practice Professional Development session reviewed important HR processs that impact position and pay.
Hiring Daisy at the UO - Video recording
Login to your UO Office 365 account to access this recording
Hiring Daisy at the UO - Presentation
For all community members:
- Communication Strategies to Build Trust During Uncertain Times -Watch Video
- LinkedIn Learning - Well-Being in the Workplace
- How Managers Can Support Respectful Workplace Communication
For unit based HR professionals
- Canopy Webinars for HR Professionals
- Applying Veteran's Preference in Recruiting, Wednesday, December 8, 11a.m. - Noon.
Past training for unit based HR professionals
- Recruiting in the Current Labor Market - November 2021 -presentaion by Talent Acquisition
- Keeping Your Team's Wellness in Mind as we Transition presentation slides
- The Transition Model
- 4P Strategy for New Beginnings
Preparing for a Difficult Conversation in a Remote Environment
- Workshop Presentation Slides
- Workshop Break-Out Room and Chat Document
- Workshop Recording(to access the recording please log into UO Office 365)
Resources and training for new HR Partners
Monthly Meeting Schedule
HR Community of Practice meetings are scheduled on Wednesday afternoons at 2:00 PM and are hosted virtually via the Zoom video platform. The Zoom meeting link will be sent to HR Partners in the meeting reminder email.
October 5, 2022
November 2, 2022
December 7 , 2022
January 11, 2023
February 1, 2023
March 1, 2023
April 5, 2023
May 3, 2023
June 7, 2023
July 12, 2023
August 2, 2023
Email Jen Mirabile or contact by phone at 6-2195.