Protected Medical Leave

Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Oregon Family Leave Act (OFLA)

Employees who need time off from work to care for a new child or due to their own serious health condition or that of a family member's, may be eligible to receive job and benefit protections under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and/or Oregon Family Leave Act (OFLA).

The following information will help you manage the various aspects of medical leaves:

Request a Leave Packet 

 On the Job Injury

Employees are covered by workers’ compensation insurance when they suffer a compensable injury/disease in the course and scope of employment. SAIF Corporation (SAIF) is the university’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier. SAIF will determine the compensability of all claims. Contact Workers' Compensation at or visit the Safety and Risk Services website for more information about injury reporting and workers' compensation.

To request protected leave under FMLA and/or OFLA for an on-the-job injury, complete the Protected Leave Request Form and submit to the Medical Leaves Coordinator either by fax 541-346-2548 or email