The University of Oregon provides employees a Care.com premium membership as an additional resource to meeting their unique caregiving needs.
Care.com is a comprehensive self-service solution for your family care needs. The online platform helps you connect with caregivers in your area by searching the caregivers network or posting a caregiver job and screening applicants. The network includes:
- Child care providers (Nannies, one-time sitters, care shares, day cares, etc.)
- Senior caregivers
- Pet caregivers
- Errand helpers
Care.com provides additional resources to support your experience:
- Visit the Safety Center for the Care.com safety pledge and tips and tools to help you have safe experiences.
- Explore a library of articles and guides on a variety of topics.
About Your Premium Membership
The University of Oregon pays your monthly membership so you can:
- Search caregiver profiles on Care.com and limit the results to specific requirements.
- Post jobs with your care needs and requirements so interested caregivers can apply.
- Use site tools and resources such as hiring guides and rate calculators.
It also allows you to:
- Contact caregivers directly to schedule interviews.
- View and reply to applications and other messages using your Care.com account.
- Purchase background checks.
- Access LifeMart discount program.
- Access to Care Talks, monthly webnars and events.
- Use a discount on HomePay tax services.
Enroll in Care.com
To access your Care.com membership, you will need to register an account:
- Go to https://uoregon.care.com.
- Provide required information - first name, last name, date of birth, street address, and zip code.
- Confirm eligibility with your DuckID.
Your Duck ID is the first part of your UO email address before the @ sign. Example: email@example.com, daisy is the DuckID.
- Answer a few questions about your caregiving needs.
- Start your search.
Accommodations will be provided to any individual who is unable to fully interact with the Care.com website.
Employees can contact Human Resources to request assistance and/or accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 541-346-3159. Appointments can be made to come to the HR office and meet with an HR representative during normal business hours.
Did your eligibility check fail?
First, make sure you used the correct DuckID, which is the first part of your UO email address. It is not your 95# (UOID). If you used the correct DuckID, then contact Jen Mirabile at email@example.com for assistance.
Do you already have a Care.com account?
Apply your University of Oregon benefits to your existing Care.com account by visiting the uoregon.care.com portal and entering your email address registered with Care.com. You will be prompted to connect your account to the UO offering. Subscription costs associated with your previous account will stop automatically.
Support and Resources
Care.com is your go-to resource for assistance with account registration, site navigation, and any other questions you may have about your membership and their services.
Accommodations will be provided to any individual who is unable to fully interact with the Care.com website. Employees can contact Human Resources to request assistance and/or accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 541-346-3159. Appointments can be made to come to the HR office and meet with an HR representative during normal business hours.
LifeMart Discount Program
With LifeMart, you can experience great savings on Child Care Centers, Senior Care Facilities, Parenting Resources and more! In addition to savings on care, you also have exclusive access to other major discounts. Whether you’re planning a big purchase or want deals on day-to-day essentials, LifeMart has savings on thousands of nationwide brand name products and services! Visit LifeMart to browse major deals on:
- Child and senior care
- Car Rentals
- Movie Tickets
- Theme Park Tickets
- Home & Auto
- Grocery Coupons
- Flowers & Gifts
- Local Deals
Explore LifeMart Discounts**
Login to Care.com Account
**Once logged in, scroll to the bottom of the My Benefits homepage on the UO Care.com portal to view LifeMart Discounts information.
Care.com hosts a series of events and webinars to provide support and education on a variety of family care topics. Care Talks gives you access to advice and guidance from expert speakers in areas such as childcare, senior care, financial literacy, emotional health, and more. Throughout 2023, Care will be running seven Care Talks per month across seven themes:
- Confident Parenting
- Raising Children with Disabilities
- Caring for Aging Loved Ones
- Financial Wellness
- Your Healthy Lifestyle
- Emotional Wellness
- Succeed at Work
- Employee groups - Faculty, officers of administration, classified employees, graduate employees.
- Both full-time and part-time employees are eligible. There is no minimum FTE requirement.