Pregnancy Accommodation Notification
Pregnancy Accommodation Notification is provided to new employees at the time of their hire and to employees who inform their supervisors of their pregnancy. This resource should be provided within 10 calendar days of notification to their supervisor. The letter includes information about university resources available to support employees during and after their pregnancy, as well as information about workplace accommodations.
UO Families Listserv is a subscribed email list for the UO community providing information about family-related campus and community events and programs.
To be added to the listserv, visit the subscription management page.
UO supports nursing mothers on campus by offering lactation rooms and a refrigerator loan program.
- Center for Healthy Relationships
Provides individual therapy services to all ages for a wide range of concerns.
- Center on Teaching & Learning
Resources and Activities for Parents.
- Child and Family Center
Offers a wide-range of services to help families navigate challenging periods of a child's life.
- Team Duckling
UO faculty and students study how children learn and grow. Learn more about our group and sign up for our studies.
- Youth & Family Fitness
Bring your children to the Student Recreation Center for Duck Trails summer and no-school day camps, a variety of youth lessons and family recreation.
- 211info (connect with an Early Childhood or Family Services Specialist by phone, text or email)
- Resources for Families in Lane County (comprehensive list of family resources compiled by Parenting Now!)
- Quality Care Connections of Lane and Douglas Counties (parenting resources)
- Headstart of Lane County (parenting resources)
- Early Childhood Hub of Lane County (parenting education)
- Looking Glass - Programs for teens in crisis
- Oregon Department of Human Services - Children and Youth (parenting resources)
- WellMama (maternal mental health and support services)
Employee Assistance Program
Canopy, the university's employee assistance program (EAP) provides assistance with childcare, education issues, behavioral difficulties, development concerns and adoption information.
UO is committed to supporting members of the campus community with family responsibilities.
- Parental Leave and Medical Leave
Visit the Employee Leaves webpage for more information about parental leave, medical leave, and other leave options for eligible employees.
- Pregnancy Notification to Employee
The university offers many resources to support employees during and after their pregnancy. The Pregnancy Notification to Employee letter highlights these university resources and provides contact information for additional questions.
- Tenure Track Faculty-Tenure Clock Considerations
The tenure review clock may be stopped, at the faculty member’s discretion, for one year upon pregnancy or the birth or adoption of a child.
- Flexible Work Arrangement and Work-Life Guidance
This policy provides guidance for creating flexibility for individual work arrangements and establishes structure for employees and their units to explore flexible work arrangements that meet the needs of both the employee and the university.
- Work-Life Policy
The University of Oregon supports faculty, staff, and student employees (including Graduate Employees) in their pursuit of a balanced lifestyle.