Recognition, no matter how big or small, makes employees feel seen and their contributions noticed, and they are more motivated to get involved and engage within their workplace.
- NEW Use these Engaging Conversation Starters to identify what motivates each of your team members and discuss how theteam can build a recognition-rich environment.
- NEW Make recognition an agenda item at regularly scheduled meetings. [Gallup article, login required]
End staff meetings with kudos, brief praise or recognition of something special someone has done.
- Acknowledge individual success and contributions verbally or in written thank you notes.
- Recognize small accomplishments.
- Encourage team members to share and recognize others.
- NEW Make recognition and praise everyone's responsibility [Gallup article, login required]
- NEW The Little Things That Make Employees Feel Appreciated [article]
- NEW Tailor the recognition you provide for each employee. [Gallup article, login required]
- Why Employee Recognition is Key for Inclusion and Belonging [LinkedIn Learning video, 3m]
- How Great Managers Give Praise [LinkedIn Learning video, 39s]
- Building Blocks of effective recognition [Gallup matrix]
- Transforming Workplaces Through Recognition [Gallup article]
Explore other Strategies