Engage in ongoing conversations.
Regular interaction keeps the lines of communication open between you and the employees you supervise, and it keeps you both better informed and aware so you can adjust and respond accordingly.
- Have frequent, ongoing conversations with team members.
5 Questions Every Manager Needs to Ask Their Direct Reports
- Conduct Stay Interviews.
How to Conduct Stay Interviews: 5 Key Questions
- Listen to team members and create opportunities for them to provide feedback.
- How Managers can excel by really coaching employees [Gallup, login required]
- Listen to Lead [LinkedIn Learning course, 49m]
- I know what is expected of me at work Engagement Resource Guide [Gallup, login required]
- Effective Workplace Communication [LinkedIn Learning collection]
- Cross-Cultural Communication [LinkedIn Learning collection]