General Separation

General employee separations require completion of a Separation Form in order to end the job. Attach the employee’s resignation letter to the form. The resignation letter is required even if the employee is moving to a new job at the university.

  • GENERATE a Separation Form about how to complete the separation form can be found on the Document Submission Forms webpage.
  • COMPLETE a Manual Check Request and attach as a supplemental document.  Include final leave use on the MCR. To comply with BOLI rules you may need to email the MCR to the Payroll Office.
  • CALCULATE the final leave balances to be paid to the employee.  This information can be included in the Remarks section of the separation form
  • COMPLETE & FILE the Employment Checklist in your employee’s department file.