Are you, or someone you know, interested in:
- Enhancing skills in strategic thinking, proactive risk management, and decision-making around budget and finance issues?
- Gaining experience in diagnosing and consulting on real life issues facing higher education?
- Having opportunities to network with colleagues and subject matter experts in financial stewardship?
If so, please consider submitting a nomination for the 2019-2020 Financial Stewardship Institute.
The Financial Stewardship Institute is an engaging professional development program with unique workshops that require analysis and interpretation of key principles related to why we do what we do and what we do when it comes to stewarding the finances of the University of Oregon.
The cohort is comprised of individuals from departments across campus with varying levels of experience in higher education, business practices and budget planning. All faculty and staff are eligible. To optimize the learning experience, enrollment is limited to 25 participants.
The program is a five month commitment with sessions held between 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on the following days.
- Session 1: Tuesday, October 8, 2019
University of Oregon Financial Overview and Essentials of University Budget Planning
- Session 2: Tuesday, October 22, 2019
University Accounting and Payables, Receivables and Collections
- Session 3: Tuesday, November 5, 2019
Contracting and Fundamentals of Sponsored Projects Administration
- Session 4: Tuesday, November 19, 2019
Safety and Risk Services and Internal Controls and Fraud Awareness
- Session 5: Tuesday, December 3, 2019
Financial Reporting and Analysis and Human Resources and Payroll
- Session 6: Tuesday, December 17, 2019
Records Management & Information Security and Small Group Project Assignment
- Session 7: Tuesday, January 14, 2020
Small Group Project Check-in with FSI Design Team
- Session 8: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 Financial Stewardship Institute Capstone
FSI Small Group Project Teams will present their recommendations to the FSI Design Team and project sponsors.
All participants are expected to attend and engage in all eight sessions and participate in a small group consulting project.
Registration for this program is facilitated through a nomination process to provide representation from many departments across campus with different levels of experience.
Participants can nominate themselves or be nominated by another. All participants must have supervisor support to participate.
Completed nomination forms must be submitted by September 20th. Nominees will be notified of their status one week prior to the launch of the Institute.
Discuss your interest with your supervisor.
Complete and submit the nomination form using this link:
Once you have completed the nomination form, your supervisor will be automatically notified via email for their approval. Supervisor sign off must be obtained prior to the nomination submission deadline of September 20th.
To Nominate Another
If you wish to nominate someone for the FSI complete and submit this nomination form: https://oregon.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3rweYbKSicmeT09
If you have any questions about the nomination process, please contact Ashley Malan, Learning and Development Analyst, at 6-2955, or firstname.lastname@example.org