Currently, the university is working under two policies, the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and the Oregon Administrative Rule (OAR). Please use the appropriate sabbatical application depending on your bargaining unit membership. The process is the same, only the application and accompanying rules are different.

Information regarding sabbatical leave policy can be found on the Academic Affairs website under Faculty/Academic Personnel/Academic Leaves/Sabbaticals. If you want to know whether you are eligible for sabbatical leave per the governing CBA or OARs, you may contact Human Resources (HR) for an evaluation. The forms and procedures for applying for a sabbatical are outlined below.

UA-Sabbatical Article 33

Leave Pay and Appointment Percentage for Represented and Non-Represented Faculty

Sabbatical Forms:
Sabbatical Application and Contract for Bargaining Unit Faculty (Two-sided PDF)

Sabbatical Application and Contract for Non-bargaining Unit Faculty (Two-sided PDF)

Complete the application form and send the form along with the supporting documents (see below) to Human Resources -Operations. Article 33 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (bargaining unit members) or the Oregon Administrative rules (non-bargaining unit members) must be printed on the back.

Sabbatical Deadline:

Submit the application along with the supporting documents (see below) to Human Resources, by the following deadlines.

  • Fiscal Year 2018  sabbatical requests: Deadline is February 28, 2018.

Sabbatical Packet:

  1. Sabbatical Application with original signatures
  2. Current curriculum vitae
  3. A statement which includes a description of the applicant's plans for the proposed sabbatical leave period and the purpose of the proposed leave, which may include research, writing, advanced study, travel undertaken for observation, and study of conditions in our own or in other countries affecting your field or related scholarly or professional activities. The statement should also include a description of (a) current teaching, (b) scholarship, research and creative activity, (c) service, and (d) other professionally relevant activities.