Eugene, Oregon is a diverse and eclectic city located in the southern end of the Willamette Valley between two buttes and the scenic Willamette River. Eugene integrates the surrounding natural environment through extensive parks and path systems, so no matter where you are in the city, you are surrounded by the dynamic beauty of the great Northwest. It is a city that values arts and outdoors.
Eugene takes pride in being a college town that supports the University of Oregon. Duck fans across the city cheer on UO Athletics at campus venues and at watch parties around town.
And there is so much to do in Eugene. Many museums, local opera, symphony and ballet companies, and a multitude of performing arts venues, including the 12,000-seat Matthew Knight Arena, keep arts and culture alive across the community.
With a strong counter-culture heritage stemming from the 1960s, Eugene has valued green, sustainable living long before the mainstream surge. Eugene's unique and colorful persona is present today at the Oregon Country Fair and the weekly Saturday Market.
Framed by rolling wine country, agricultural lands, and lush green forests, Eugene offers easy access to stunning natural beauty as well as endless outdoor adventures. Travel an hour west to visit sandy beaches and explore dramatic coastal destinations. Just a few hours east, climb to the summit of snow-capped Cascades and make a downhill ski run.
Transportation to and from Eugene is simple. The Eugene Airport is only ten minutes from downtown, and there is an Amtrak station in the city center. The Interstate-5 North corridor reaches the state capital in under an hour or Portland in two hours.
With its neighbor city Springfield, Eugene provides an unparalleled quality of life affirmed and enjoyed by residents and visitors alike.
Resources to explore Eugene:
Connecting families with resources:
- Childcare on Campus
- School Information
- 4J Eugene School District: http://www.4j.lane.edu/ (link is external)
- Springfield School District:https://www.springfield.k12.or.us/
- Bethel School District: http://www.bethel.k12.or.us/
- Canopy, the university's employee assistance program, provides housing support for new hires.
- Eugene Cascades & Coast offers information regarding relocation topics such as real estate and rentals, moving and storage, professional services and more.
- For additional housing resources visit the university's Navigating Work and Life webpage.
If relocation expenses were included in your employment offer, please speak with your supervisor and visit the Moving/Relocation Expenses webpage for guidance.