Once you have made the decision about the candidate to hire and have completed employment verifications and reference checks, complete the Offer Proposal Form and upload it to your requisition in MyTrack. You will need to obtain HR approval on the offer proposal prior to making a verbal or other offer to any candidate.
To upload via the "Documents" tab:
- Select "document from a file" and locate the document on your computer or cloud service drive.
- Select "recruitment process" for the document category and name the file Offer Proposal and the requisition number in the "Title" box.
- Once the file has uploaded, go to the "Notes" tab and insert a note that the proposal form is uploaded and check the "E-mail this note to" box and enter email@example.com as the user. Please ensure that your note is emailed to this address as this will notify the Talent Acquisition unit that you are requesting approval to make an offer.
To upload via the "Notes" tab:
- Select Add Note and insert a note that you are requesting offer proposal review
- Select "Upload file" to upload the file saved locally on your computer. This will upload the Offer Proposal form to the note and place a copy in the documents tab.
- Check the "E-mail this note to" box and enter firstname.lastname@example.org as the user. Please ensure that your note includes the file and is emailed to this address as this will notify the Talent Acquisition unit that you are requesting approval to make an offer.
Finalists who meet minimum qualifications only should be offered Step 1 unless they meet the conditions indicated below.
- If you want to start someone higher than Step 1, complete the justification section in the Offer Proposal Form. When determining the salary to offer, consider
- Size and quality of applicant pool
- Salary requirements of applicant (please note: Oregon law prohibits inquiring about pay history prior to issuing a job offer that includes offered pay. If candidates have disclosed their prior pay, it is permissible to take that and any other information you have about their pay requirements into consideration when responding to this item.)
- Education and/or experience of candidate above the minimum requirements
- Internal equity (comparing rates and experience of current employees in the same or similar classification)
- Turnover history of this position
- If you have questions about pay decisions, consult with the Senior Recruiter in Talent Acquisition.
Talent Acquisition will review your Offer Proposal Form and notify you via email when the proposed offer has been approved or will contact you with questions. When the offer has been approved you may contact your finalist. At this stage, you should begin filling out the offer card for this candidate in MyTrack. Once the contingent offer is accepted, please ensure the offer card is complete and the candidate's status is "Contingent Offer Accepted."