These are the dates holidays will be observed during 2014 for classified employees. If the holiday falls on a Saturday, it is observed the Friday before; if it falls on a Sunday, it is observed on the following Monday.
- New Year's Day – Wednesday, January 1, 2014
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - Monday, January 20, 2014
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 26, 2014
- Independence Day - Friday, July 4, 2014
- Labor Day - Monday, September 1, 2014
- Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 27, 2014
- Day after Thanksgiving - Friday, November 28, 2014
- Christmas Eve Day - Wednesday, December 24, 2014
- Christmas Day - Thursday, December 25, 2014
Special Day of Leave
Full-time classified employees receive eight hours of leave, prorated for part-time staff, This day may be used on the day before or day after Christmas or New Year's Day holidays. The university will be open those days, and time off should be scheduled to maintain departmental services. OPEU and GCIU employees receive this day under the terms of their collective bargaining agreements. See December Holiday announcement.
Temporary employees do not receive this day of paid leave.
Please contact Human Resources, 6-3159, if you have questions.