This resource page guides new employees through the onboarding process and provides you with quick access to frequently requested information.
First Things First: Get Connected to UO technology and Get Registered for Orientation
UO employees use email, DuckWeb, and a variety of other electronic resources. Gaining access to these resources should occur right away.
Employees need two sets of login information:
UO ID Number and PAC
to access DuckWeb*
New employees receive a UO ID Number and personal access code (PAC) from the hiring department:
- The UO ID number begins with "95" and is nine digits long.
- The PAC is 6 digits and must include a capital letter, a small letter and one number, case sensitive.
- Employees are asked to reset their temporary PAC upon initial login.
- Manage your PAC in DuckWeb at duckweb.uoregon.edu.
DuckID and Password
to access email, Canvas, and other campus services
New employees use their UO ID Number and PAC to claim their DuckID and establish their Duck ID password, which is used to access UO technology systems:
- The DuckID is the UO email address when followed by @uoregon.edu.
- Passwords must be at least 8 digits, with a minimum 1 alpha and 1 numeric.
- Manage your DuckID and password at duckid.uoregon.edu.
*DuckWeb is a secure website that interfaces with the university’s central administrative system. DuckWeb allows access to payroll data and personal information. Faculty use DuckWeb to obtain class lists and for grading.
For more information on technology access, see it.uoregon.edu/access-to-technology.
Assistance with Technology Login
- For assistance with the UO ID number, contact the hiring department.
- For assistance with the PAC, contact Human Resources, 541-346-3159.
- For assistance with the DuckID and password, contact the Information Services Help Desk, 151 McKenzie Hall, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 541-346-4357.
New employees may obtain a UO ID card at the UO Card Office in Room 12 of the Erb Memorial Union (EMU). Room 12 is on the lower level, adjacent to the Union Market. New employees should bring their contract and UO ID number. Your hiring department can assist with both kinds of required information. Also bring conventional photo ID (driver’s license or passport). For more information, see the card office website at uocard.uoregon.edu. Their phone number is 541-346-3113. If your ID card will be used for building access, contact your hiring department for the required information for proximity access.
New Employee Orientation
Human Resources conducts a half-day workshop to acquaint new employees with the organization, structure and philosophy of the University of Oregon:
Benefit Orientation (benefit eligible employees)
New employees eligible for benefits (0.50FTE or more) have 30 days from date of hire to select and enroll in the UO benefit program. Employee Benefit Orientations are available to assist employees in selecting the most appropriate plans.
Explore Benefits and other UO Services for Employees