Implementation of MyTrack has changed UO recruitment processes. All new recruitments are launched, approved and posted in MyTrack. Visit the MyTrack Support webpage for more information.
Important Note: Recruitments posted prior to the launch of MyTrack on October 18 must be completed through the previous hiring process. Instructions for internal users who are supporting these searches is available on the Archived Hiring Processes webpage.
Talent Acquisition unit supports and collaborates with departments to initiate, navigate, and successfully complete the hiring process. Guidance for each stage of the process is provided for faculty and staff positions, which are managed with the MyTrack talent management system.
NOTE: Recruitment of temporary employees and students is not managed within MyTrack. Guidance for hiring of these types of employees is provided in the links below.
Hiring Process Overview
The process for hiring faculty and staff positions at the university varies by the type of employee to be hired.
Scope of Recruitment
Consistent with the university's objective of attracting a diversified pool of highly qualified candidates, the following minimum recruitment efforts shall be undertaken. Departments are encouraged to expand their recruitment efforts beyond these minimum requirements to meet their talent and affirmative action goals.
Exceptions to the following recruitment requirements may be made if the circumstances so warrant. Please address questions to Talent Acquisition.
Talent Acquisition will provide resource assistance targeting underutilized or underrepresented populations.
- A NATIONAL search shall be conducted and remain open for a minimum of four weeks for the following:
- Officers of Instruction and Research: All full-time positions with the ranks of Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Senior Research Associate, and Research Associate; all tenure-related positions.
- Officers of Administration: All 50% or greater positions designated by the President or Vice-Presidents as Directors or Associate Directors of major administrative units.
- A REGIONAL search (West Coast or Pacific Northwest) shall be conducted and remain open for a minimum of two weeks for the following:
- Officers of Instruction and Research: All full-time positions with the ranks of Research Assistant or Instructor; all part time positions at 50% or more at any rank, unless tenure-related.
- Officers of Administration: All 50% or greater positions except those Director and Associate Director positions that require a national search.
- A LOCAL search (Lane County and surrounding areas) shall be conducted and remain open for a minimum of two weeks for the following:
- Officers of Instruction and Research: All positions at less than 50% at any rank, unless tenure-related.
- Officers of Administration: All positions at less than 50%.
- Classified Positions: All ongoing positions.