Limited Duration Appointments
- Limited Duration appointments are made when employees are needed for special projects of uncertain or limited duration, and which are subject to the continuation of a grant, contract, award, or legislative funding.
- Limited duration appointments cannot exceed two years.
- All of the rights and privileges of other classified employees are granted with one exception: those not formerly classified OUS employees are not entitled to layoff rights.
- Appointments of at least half-time are eligible for vacation, sick leave, personal leave, employee-paid health and dental insurance, staff rates, and retirement contributions if the appointment is expected to last at least 90 days.
- The limited duration appointment memo from Linda L. King, Director of Human Resources, must be completed, signed by the employee and forwarded to Human Resources to be included in the new employee packet.
- Call Benefits for orientation, 346-3086.