The university is committed to supporting employees as they strive to improve their overall health and wellness.
A variety of wellness programs are available for employees. Explore the links below to find out more about these programs.
UO Wellness Ambassador Program
The Duck Nest is a wellness center on campus with a mission to make health and wellbeing an accessible part of everyday life by creating a thriving and inclusive hub for the campus community and offering primary and secondary prevention opportunities. The center aims to improve the health and wellbeing for every Duck, which includes faculty and staff.
The UO Wellness Ambassador program extends beyond the physical location of Duck Nest to bring health and wellness education to employees in their workplaces. Program goals include:
- To increase the amount of wellness programming available to faculty and staff on campus.
- To engage faculty and staff in the creation and delivery of wellness programming on campus.
- To have other units on campus lead the charge in providing and encouraging wellness opportunities for their colleagues.
- To communicate the importance of individual and community wellness and engage UO community members in this active process for themselves and their departments.
Become a Wellness Ambassador
Are you interested in health and wellness? Do you think about wanting to create a healthier office environment for you and your coworkers? If so, please consider applying to be a UO Wellness Ambassador.
Wellness Ambassadors spend 1-2 hours each month sharing their passion for work-life balance and self-care with faculty and staff on campus by:
- giving interactive presentations;
- tabling at new staff orientations;
- disseminating wellness communication across campus; and
- creating opportunities for wellness within your own units.
For additional details about the program, please reach out to the Wellness Ambassador program at firstname.lastname@example.org We accept applications on a rolling basis and it should only take about 15 minutes for you to complete. The application can be accessed at the following link: Wellness Ambassador Application
Employee Assistance Program
The University of Oregon contracts with Canopy, formerly called Cascade Centers, to provide a comprehensive employee assistance program (EAP) for eligible employees and their dependents. The services are at no cost to benefit eligible members. Use the links below to explore wellness resources through Canopy and to learn more about the EAP: