- Are student employees and graduate employees eligible for the UO Employee COVID-19 Relief Fund?
- Who is eligible to apply for funding related to household expenses?
- If I am on FMLA or OLFA leave am I eligible for the UO Employee COVID –19 relief funds?
- What is the application review process?
- How will I receive funds?
- Can I apply again after receiving funds?
- Do I have to pay back my award?
- How can I donate to the fund?
Are student employees and graduate employees eligible for the UO Employee COVID-19 Relief Fund?
No. Student employees and graduate employees have separate financial assistance programs available to them. Student employees can apply for financial assistance through the CARES Act Fund administered by the Dean of Students Office. Graduate employees can apply for assistance through the Graduate Student Assistance Fund. administered by the Graduate School.
Who is eligible to apply for funding related to household expenses?
Only employees who have experienced a sudden income reduction related to their UO position who are not currently receiving unemployment insurance payments from the state.
If I am on FMLA or OLFA leave am I eligible for the UO Employee COVID –19 relief funds?
Yes, as long as you meet the employee eligibility requirements.
What is the application review process?
Applications will be reviewed at least once per week by an HR committee. All applicants will be notified via email of the status of their request within one week of submitting their application.
How will I receive funds?
Award payments will be issued within one week of application review. Payments will be issued in one of the following ways:
- Direct deposit, if an employee has elected to receive employee reimbursements electronically.
Refer to the direct deposit guidance on the Business Affairs website for instructions. Login to your DuckWeb account to review your direct deposit allocation information in the employee’s pay information section. If you want to receive your award letter by direct deposit, make sure you have selected the box for A/P payments.
- If direct deposit is not currently active for payments processed through Accounts Payable, a check will be sent by U.S. mail to the employee’s active mailing address in Banner. Employees can check their current address in the personal information section of DuckWeb and make changes, if needed.
Can I apply again after receiving funds?
Yes, you may submit more than one application, so long as you have not reached the $500 maximum allowed.
Do I have to pay back my award?
No. Relief Fund awards are not required to be paid back when used for legitimate and appropriate COVID-19 related expenses.
How can I donate to the fund?
Employees can make charitable donations to the fund through University Advancement’s website.