Subject line: ACTION NEEDED: UO vaccination requirement submission
We are looking forward to the University of Oregon community safely coming back together this fall term for in-person instruction, activities, and experiences.
As we announced in May, all UO students and employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the start of the fall academic term. This public health measure at the UO will help protect our community by reducing the potential for serious illness, hospitalization, or death. It also will limit campus disruptions and allow us to resume in-person instruction and activities.
Complete the Vaccination Requirement Process
Verify that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or
- Submit an exemption for medical, religious, philosophical, or other non-medical reasons. You will be required to complete an educational module and acknowledge that you will be expected to continue taking additional safety measures required for unvaccinated employees. This may include wearing face coverings indoors, distancing from others, isolating or quarantining if you are exposed to or contract COVID-19, COVID-19 testing, or other public health measures.
The deadlines for submitting a COVID-19 vaccination verification or exemption request are:
- August 13: School of Law employees
- September 17: All other UO employees
All faculty, officers of administration, classified employees, and UO temporary employees must complete the online COVID-19 vaccination requirement form. Some employee groups may have similar, separate processes, such as graduate employees, student employees, courtesy and emeritus faculty, and agency temporary employees. Please refer to the compliance action chart for more information.
To encourage early submission:
- Employees who complete the process by September 1 will automatically be entered to win weekly drawings for $50 in Duck Bucks.
- Benefits-eligible employees who verify through the Public Employees’ Benefit Board (PEBB) that they have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine by July 31 will receive $100 from PEBB. Visit the HR website for more information and instructions for claiming your payment through the PEBB process.
Please act now to complete this required process and help us prepare for fall term.
Separate Student Process
UO students will receive a separate email with their specific instructions for submitting their records.
Employees who work .50 FTE (half-time) or more who are enrolled in one or more classes must complete both the student and employee processes.
Other Safety Precautions
The scientific research shows being vaccinated is the most effective way to safeguard yourself and your community against COVID-19. In addition to requiring COVID-19 vaccinations, we will continue to rely on other safety measures such as testing, case management, and additional public health precautions as necessary. Unvaccinated individuals will be expected to continue to take rigorous safety measures as outlined on the UO coronavirus website.
We will continue to carefully monitor current conditions and public health guidance, adjust our public health measures as appropriate, and keep you informed as we get closer to the start of the fall term.
Please refer to the UO coronavirus website for more information on the UO COVID-19 vaccination requirement process, including frequently asked questions. Thank you in advance for completing the online employee form as soon as possible and doing your part to help pave a path to a fall that is as close to normal as possible.
Provost and Senior Vice President
Vice President for Finance and Administration and Chief Financial Officer