Program Registration and Insurance
The Office of Risk Management expects all university departments sponsoring programs or activities involving minors to register their programs and purchase insurance. Camp and clinic (Accident) insurance is available to university departments and programs that sponsor short-term events or activities involving participants who are generally not affiliated with the university. Cost is minimal and can be charged to a department index. The enrollment process allows you to register your program regardless of whether you purchase insurance. Program registration is required under the Protection of Minors policy.
- Go to the Youth Program Registration and Insurance Enrollment webpage for more information.
Volunteers are an integral part of many youth programs. Guidelines for reporting and tracking volunteer service are provided on the Safety and Risk Services website. A Conditions of Volunteer Service form and background check are required for each volunteer working for a youth program.
- Go to the Volunteers webpage for the conditions of service form.
- Go to the Background Check webpage for the background check permission form.
Waiver of Liability
A waiver of liability is required when minors are involved in an activity.
- Go to the Waivers of Liability webpage for more information and forms.
Do you have an emergency plan in place for emergencies that may occur on campus? We recommend that you Plan, Prepare, and Practice! your emergency procedures with youth program staff.
Checklists and Guidelines
The following tools may assist you with administering a youth program and ensuring necessary precautions are in place to protect minors on campus:
- Behavioral Standards for Interacting with Minors
- Camps on Campus Checklist
- Child Sign In and Sign Out Form
- Emergency Contact Health Release Form
- Managing Campus Contractors and Student Educators
- Model Release Form
- Protecting Children -Checklist for Supervisors
- Protecting Children -Screening Employees and Volunteers
- Protecting Minors - Reporting and Addressing Misconduct
- Youth Program Administration Guide
- Youth Program Summary Report (Excel) / Youth Program Summary Report
If you have questions regarding youth programs and the Safety and Risk Services resources, please contact the Flo Hoskinson, Risk Manager in the Office of Risk Management, at (541) 346-3233 or email her at email@example.com.