Medical Leave: FMLA & OFLA

Employees who need time off from work to take care of a new child, or deal with serious health situations involving their family or themselves, should contact their supervisor to request the time off. The supervisor should notify Human Resources as soon as the employee requests the leave so the proper documentation can be sent to the employee. Qualifying employees could receive job and benefit protections under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Oregon Family Leave Act (OFLA).


On the Job Injury

Employees are covered by workers’ compensation insurance when they suffer a compensable injury/disease in the course and scope of employment. SAIF Corporation (SAIF) is the university’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier. SAIF will determine the compensability of all claims.

In addition to notifying the Medical Leaves Coordinator, visit the Safety and Risk Services website for more information about injury reporting and workeres' compensation.