Academic Year 2019-20 Renewal Appointments
The following addresses the processing of Appointment renewals. For information on faculty renewal/non-renewal notice requirements, please visit the Office of the Provost website. If you are rehiring a faculty member who was non-renewed, please check the following guidance.
NEW Cognos Faculty Renewal Report
To assist with both the faculty appointment renewal process and the faculty renewal/nonrenewal notice process, there is a new Human Resources' report now available via Cognos that provides current appointment and renewal information for tenure track and non-tenure track faculty. Information on how to run the report is below. Log into Cognos and select HR reports from the menu. Click on "TTF & NTTF: Appt and Renewal Report". The report can be run by organization level 3, 4 and timesheet organization. The results of the report display on three tabs and provide:
- Faculty Appointments: List of all tenure track and non-tenure track faculty with most recent appointment details.
- TTF Renewals: List of tenure track faculty with expiring appointments.
- Career Renewals: List of career faculty with expiring appointments (includes proposed renewal duration).
Faculty Appointment Renewals
Once decisions are made on which faculty will be renewed, departments are responsible for processing the appointment renewals. Departments will create renewal RTOs in the PWAAPPT screen in Banner PWAAPPT or using the bulk renewal form PWAAPBU. Follow the usual process of submitting RTOs for approval, and please send in time to meet the communicated deadlines from Human Resources and your dean’s office (If applicable). Lists of faculty who are up for renewal can be attained via Cognos as described above. For questions regarding renewal and non-renewal notices, see the Office of the Provost website.
For any faculty who are up for and receive promotion this spring, please do the following:
Tenure Track Faculty (TTF) Promotions: The promotion paperwork and the corresponding 8% promotion pay increase, will be created and processed by Human Resources based on the promotion approvals issued by the Office of the Provost. Any request above 8% will need to be submitted separately for approval via a memorandum and a PRF.
Non-Tenure Track Faculty (NTTF) Promotions: For any NTTF faculty up for promotion, departments are responsible for submitting promotion paperwork according to the following guidelines:
12 Month NTTF
When submitting promotion documentation to Human Resources include the promotion information and the 8% increase in base pay, and attach a copy of the promotion letter from the Office of the Provost.
- Current Appointment Ends June 30th, 2019: Submit a RENEWAL RTO beginning July 1, Submit as soon as possible and no later than May 31st.*
- Current Appointment Ends AFTER June 30th, 2019: Submit a promotion (AAPRO) PRF with an effective start date of July 1. Submit as soon as possible and no later than June 15th.
9 Month NTTF
Please process the promotion according to the scenarios listed below. In all promotion paperwork include the promotion information and the 8% increase in base pay, and attach a copy of the promotion letter from Office of the Provost.
- Current Appointment Ends June 15th, 2019: Submit a RENEWAL RTO for a 3 year appointment beginning September 16, 2019 and ending June 15, 2022.*
- In the middle of a 2 year appointment: Submit a REVISION RTO for a 3 year appointment beginning September 16, 2019 and ending June 15, 2022.*
- In the middle of a 3 year appointment: Submit a PRF beginning September 16, 2019 and keep the current appointment dates, or submit a REVISION RTO for a 3 year appointment beginning September 16, 2019 and ending June 15, 2022.*
*Funding contingent faculty appointments are not to be issued beyond known funding and therefore may be exempt from the multi-year appointments if the funding is not known to be available.
If there are any questions please do not hesitate to contact HR Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.