The “Pay” tab records information relating to salary and labor distribution. Some fields are set up to calculate automatically. In other words, if a numerical value is changed in any field, other values are adjusted automatically. For example a change in annual basis from 9 to 12 will change the hourly rate, the monthly pay, and the budgeted amount; a change in base rate will change the hourly rate, the monthly amount, and the budgeted amount; a change in appointment percent will change the monthly pay and the budgeted amount.
- Job Type: Select Primary, Secondary, or Overload.
- Timesheet Org: Fill in the appropriate timesheet org.
- Evaluator and Title: Required for all "E" contract types (Funding Contingent), otherwise these fields should be skipped. Enter the name of the employee’s supervisor and the supervisor’s title.
- Agency: The same as for Evaluator and Title above, this field is is required for all "E" contract types (Funding Contingent), otherwise it should be skipped. Enter the name of the funding agency that is supporting this appointment and the grant number(s).
- Annual Basis: Indicate whether the annual basis (the base period to which actual salary and appointment percentage are compared to is 9-months (9/16-6/15 or 8/16-5/15 for Law) or 12-months (7/1-6/30). 9-month appointments may carry a 10th month/salary if the duties of the position extend into the summer months.
- Base Rate: Indicate the annual base rate for the annual basis (either 9- or 12-month) at which the person is being appointed. If an annual base rate has already been established for the appointee in the same department, it should be retained in the current offer unless a memo of justification for an increase has been submitted or the annual base rate has been increased by a general salary increase.
Changes in Annual Base Rate. If the annual base rate is changed from the established rate, then a memorandum of justification is required. Changes in Annual Base Rate require the approval of the appropriate dean or administrator and the Vice President for Academic Affairs or the Vice President for Research & Dean of the Graduate School.
- Change Reason: Click on the search button to see valid choices. The most likely selections are:
AAHIR for new hires (first appointment to the position #)
BREAP for renewals and rehires
AAPRO for promotions
APTPC for revisions to appointment percent
Do a next block command to the date-range area.
- Begin Date: This date represents the starting date of the labor distribution or FTE that is entered. This date cannot be modified after it has been input. The only way to correct a wrong Begin Date is to empty the entire block, then refill the empty fields. If you need to empty the block, put your cursor in the End Date; then select “Remove” from the Record pull-down menu. This will remove everything in the bottom sections, including the labor distribution. You can then refill the empty fields.
- End Date: This date represents the ending date of the labor distribution or FTE that is entered.
- Appt %: This is the appointment percentage that the employee is at for the time frame listed above it. Enter "zero" if the employee is to be paid on an hourly basis.
- Monthly: This is the monthly assigned salary for the time frame listed above it.
- Eclass: Fill in the appropriate Employee Class. See the EClass Crosswalk Table to determine which eclass to use for your employees.
If you need to add date ranges for other labor distributions, put your cursor in the "End Date" field and either select “Insert” from the Record pull-down menu or use the “down” arrow on your keypad. The scroll bar (to the right of the “Monthly” field) allows you to scroll through multiple date ranges.
Do a next block command to the index area.
- Labor Distribution: Fill in the appropriate index(es) to pay the employee from for the time frame listed above. Hourly employees must be paid on account code 10209.
10102 = Unclassified Salaries, Teaching/Research
10103 = Unclassified Salaries, Officers of Administration
10209 = Other Unclassified Pay, for temporary or hourly positions (eclass UV or UW)
- Percent: Must be entered.
- Amount: Budgeted amount (or total to be paid) for the period of the appointment on a particular index. This automatically calculates based on the dates and monthly amount.