In order to ensure timely delivery to payroll, the HR deadlines for new appointments, renewal appointments, and Payroll Request Forms (PRFs) are laid out below. The faculty deadlines reflect the requirement to deliver faculty appointments 30 days prior to their start date per the collective bargaining agreement with United Academics. In order to meet this requirement, we need to receive the documents a month in advance of the delivery date.
The originating office must build in time for review and approval by any other offices that have to sign off (Deans/Directors).
NEW AND RENEWAL APPOINTMENT DEADLINES (both in MyTrack and other formats)
12-month Faculty and OAs:
- May 1st for July 1st new hires or renewals, or
- Two months prior to start of a new or renewal appointment.
9-month Faculty and OAs:
- RegularAcademic Year
- July 1st for Fall Term
- November 1st for Winter Term
- February 1st for Spring Term
- Law School Semester based Academic Year
- June 1st for Fall Semester
- November 15th for Spring Semester
Other start or renewal dates:
- Two months prior to the start of the notice of appointment.
- New Tenure Track Hires: April 1st**
PAYROLL REQUEST FORMS (PRFs)
- Summer PRFs: May 15th or the 15th of the month prior to the effective date on PRF.
- Other PRFs: 15th of the month prior to the effective date on PRF.
- PRF labor distribution changes: Send directly to payroll.
These deadlines are to ensure that the appointment and renewal information reaches the Payroll Office by the payroll deadline.
** The new tenure track deadline is to meet the AAU guideline of making an offer to a faculty member of another AAU institution by May 1.