The timely completion of performance evaluations is a cornerstone of effective management. The performance evaluation process should be participatory in nature, and employees should be provided with the opportunity to provide input during the evaluation process. Under the SEIU collective bargaining agreement it is required that every employee in the unit receive a performance evaluation each year by the employee’s eligibility date. This performance evaluation must be done by the employee’s immediate supervisor, and employees have the opportunity to provide their own comments to be attached to their performance evaluation should they so choose. Performance evaluations are not grievable or arbitral under the collective bargaining agreement, nor are they used for purposes of disciplinary action or layoff.
- Article 54. Position Descriptions and Performance Evaluations
- Classified Performance Evaluation Discussion Questions
- Classified Performance Evaluation Instructions
- Classified Performance Appraisal Form (non-IT)
- IT Performance Appraisal Instructions
- Classified Performance Appraisal Form (IT)
- Managing Employee Performance: Performance Evaluation and Other Forms of Feedback