In March of 2020, the University of Oregon began operating during a global pandemic. With the help of SEIU employees performing a wide range of important functions on campus in areas such as health care, facilities, administrative support, dining services, and information technology, among others, we were able to remain open and provide students the ability to continue making progress on their educational pursuits.
In recognition of this effort, the university is providing a one-time bonus to eligible SEIU employees.
Important Note:COVID Recognition Bonuses are outlined in a letter of agreement as part of the tentative contract agreement reached with SEIU. Execution of the agreement and payment of bonuses is contingent of contract ratification by SEIU members.
To be eligible for a COVID Recognition Bonus, an employee must meet the following criteria:
- Was required to work on campus at least 480 hours in an SEIU classified position between March 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021.
- Employed and working in an SEIU classified position as of the date of submission*.
- Submitted the COVID Recognition Bonus Form by 5:00 p.m. on January 7, 2022.
- Regular Bonus
Payment amounts are based on hours worked on campus between March 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021 according to the following schedule:
- 480 hours to 1,039 hours = $1,050 bonus*
- 1,040 hours or more = $1,500 bonus*
- Overtime Bonus
In addition, employees who worked more than 200 hours of overtime during the same period of time will receive an additional one-time bonus of $575*.
*Important Note:Payments will not be made to an employee who is not employed at the time payment is issued in February, 2022.
Employee submits COVID Recognition Bonus Form.
- Calculate regular hours worked on campus between March 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021.
- If you worked on campus more than 480 regular hours, then complete the online COVID Recognition Bonus Form
- Submit the form no later than 5:00 p.m. on January 7, 2022 to receive a bonus payment, if eligible.
HR and supervisors certify employee eligibility.
Human Resources will work directly with unit leadership and supervisors to certify employee eligibility and submit payment information to Payroll for processing. Certification process must be completed no later than 5:00 p.m. on January 21, 2022.
Payroll includes bonus on February paycheck.
Bonus payment(s) for eligible employees will be included on the employee’s February, 2022 paycheck, with taxes and other required withholdings applied accordingly.
Contact your supervisor or your department’s HR representative for assistance with assessing eligibility or submitting the online form. Questions about submitted forms and certification should be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org