Examples of information that may be relevant include:
- Narrative description that includes:
- the underlying rationale for the layoff(s)
- a description of the impact of the layoff on the department/unit
- an explanation of how the duties associated with the laid off position will be covered
- Current and future organizational chart
Please send memo to Annie Herz, Sr. Employee Relations Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consider the following as you plan for OA layoff(s):
- Prior to taking action on a layoff, it is important to provide HR advance notice (generally, a minimum of two weeks) to allow for a consultative process.
- The supervisor and/or other appropriate unit leader should meet with the OA to inform them that they are being laid off. A layoff letter should be given to the employee at that time, in addition to other information relevant to the situation.
- If you would like assistance preparing for this meeting, please contact Annie Herz at email@example.com or 346-2972.
- Generally, there is the expectation that the unit will not rehire the position being laid off. Therefore, there is typically a twelve-month waiting period before the position (or similar one) can be filled again.
- It is important that you follow the layoff notice periods outlined in the layoff procedures.
- OAs who are laid off may elect to participate in the OA re-employment pool. For more information, visit the OA Re-employment Pool webpage.