As you begin your HR position at the University of Oregon here are a few recommended actions to take in your first few weeks:
1. Register for an HR Orientation for New HR Partners.
2. Subscribe to the HR Partner Listserv and the Paynews Listserv.
3. Review the HR Partner Meeting Calendar and plan to attend these meetings.
4. Review the HR Master Calendar for annual HR processes and events.
4. Schedule recommended Banner trainings.
5. Review the HR Partner Directory for other HR Partners in your area or in similar units.
6. If you are new to higher education and work in an academic area the faculty specific topics link can be very useful.
We've compiled resources by employee type that we hope you find useful. We've also compiled a list of HR professional associations, listservs and professional development tools we recommend you consider as you further your HR career.