Family-Friendly Policies and Legislation
- Extension of Tenure Probationary Period Because of New Baby or Childbirth or Adoption- 3.130 Personnel Practices - Academic
- Family Support- 3.02 Personnel Practices
- Parental Accommodation for Officers Of Instruction
- Telecommuting- 3.710 Personnel Practices
Federal and State Government Legislation
- ORS 109.001 (1999) allows a woman to breastfeed in public.
- Oregon House Bill 2372b, final BOLI ruling requiring employers to give employees breaks to express milk and to make reasonable efforts to provide a private place to do so.
- Federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Oregon Family Leave Act (OFLA)
- University of Oregon FMLA & OFLA Information
(Preferred management style/work culture)