Posted February 20, 2017
MyTrack utilization stats since the October launch:
- Position Descriptions Approved: 288
- Total Requisitions After Go-live: 219
- Total Jobs Filled: 68
- Current Open Positions: 101
- Applicant Profiles Created: 3,768
- Applications Completed: 4,772
- Trees saved by using web-based applications rather than paper: 2.6!
Looking for in-person assistance with recruitments? Attend a Friday Lab!
Talent Acquisition offers a work session, or lab, each Friday to provide you with personalized assistance with your specific recruitments. This is an opportunity to receive hands-on help with any part of the MyTrack system from creating a Position Description to issuing an Offer. Please bring your own laptop, if possible, and register in advance for a lab session, so we know you are coming: Register Now
Position Description information:
- Human Resources is actively working to input existing OA position descriptions (PDs) into the MyTrack Position Description library in order to streamline the process of initiating recruitments. 25% of the 1,500 OA PDs have been input to date; OA PD entry is expected to be complete by the end of spring term.
Please note: As PDs are added to the library, hiring managers will receive automated emails from firstname.lastname@example.org notifying them that position descriptions have been approved. Multiple emails for the same PD may be received; this is expected. No action is required on these emails; they can be disregarded, but we are not able to turn them off without affecting notifications of PDs being submitted for current recruitments or position/pay actions. Approval of these PDs is being managed within HR. Please contact Jen Mirabile at 6-2195 with questions.
- Talent Acquisition developed a tool to assist you in determining when to create a new PD in MyTrack and when to edit an existing PD. The Position Description Table is available in the Position Description User Guide.
OA recruitment process is now available on the web.
Visit the helpful information to guide you through the entire process of recruiting for OA positions: Hiring Officers of Administration.
New Recruitment and Hiring Training starting in March
A new four part training series for hiring managers and HR Partners starts next month. The series covers the fundamentals of successful recruitment, hiring, and onboarding. Specific topics include creating effective position descriptions, recruitment outreach, applicant evaluation and selection, offer and onboarding, and university specific position and pay actions.
Learn more about this training opportunity including dates and times of sessions through the course listing in Making Tracks: Supervision Course II—Recruiting and Hiring.
Posted February 14, 2017
HR wants to hear from you!
HR is actively engaging MyTrack users across campus to gather feedback and identify potential system and process adjustments.
- HR is offering MyTrack Information Sessions on February 21st and March 15th.
These sessions will provide an opportunity for HR Partners to get the latest recruitment updates, provide feedback, and ask the Talent Acquisition team recruitment related questions.
Please register to attend one of the sessions: Register Now
- HR is meeting with all Chiefs of Staff to Vice Presidents and Associate Deans of Finance/Administration to gather feedback and answer questions.
New Applicant FAQs are now posted
FAQs for applicants have been placed on the careers website. Additional FAQs have been posted for internal users to utilize if they are getting questions from applicants. Access this resource on the Assisting Applicants webpage.
New Oregon Veterans’ Preference information is available
Information regarding Veterans’ Preference has been updated on the Oregon Veterans' Preference in Employment webpage.
Posted January 4, 2017
By the Numbers
In three months of operation, recruitment across campus is well underway using the MyTrack system. Here’s a snapshot of what has been accomplished:
Recruitments launched: 141 Recruitments completed: 14 Approved position descriptions: 196
What’s Happening Now
The reconfigured MyTrack webpage provides more resources at your fingertips to support you as you complete recruitment tasks. Here is a highlight of the tools available:
- User Guides
User guides provide step-by-step assistance for completing common tasks in MyTrack. The guides are organized by major actions in the same order as they take place in MyTrack.
- Updated Frequently Asked Questions
New FAQs have been added to address more recent inquiries following go-live.
- Training Opportunities
Training sessions have been scheduled through March providing opportunities for new users to receive hands-on training led by MyTrack experts. Friday Labs have also been added to training offerings, which dedicate time to assisting users with their specific system needs.
Please visit these added and enhanced resources for immediate assistance. These tools provide quick answers and guidance, and they can expedite resolution.
Also, HR is actively engaging users across campus to identify user needs and system adjustments. This valuable feedback is being used to optimize system configuration, develop user resources, and maintain a good sense of what is working and what needs further discussion and action.
What’s Happening Next
Updates to the MyTrack admin webpage will occur often. Here is a look at what’s coming in the weeks ahead:
- More user guides will be added as they become available and as new needs are identified.
- The MyTrack position description (PD) library will populated from PDs currently on file in HR. This task is being fast tracked and will assist in the job posting process.
- Process flow charts are being developed to help users understand how job postings move through the MyTrack system and particularly the approval process.
- Online training presentation as an alternative to a classroom session providing users with a self-paced option.
- Information about the National Registry for Diverse and Strategic Faculty, an advertising resource for faculty postings.