Role Definitions in MyTrack System
Hiring Manager: Could be direct supervisor of the job or a skip-level who is authorized to hire; can create PDs and launch requisitions, see status of recruitments, manage applicants, and change applicant statuses ; is responsible for day-to-day applicant and search management.
HR Administrator (Unit): Unit-based staff member who manages HR activities within the system; will be able to see recruitments in process; can create PDs and launch requisitions, see status of recruitments, manage applicants.
Unit Director/Head: Unit-based decision-maker, department head, center/unit head; position will take its “team” from this role
Budget Authority: Unit-based individual who can verify budget amount and funding source; approves requisition to authorize recruitment.
VP/Dean (or proxy): VP/Dean or their designate; approves requisition to authorize recruitment.
Recruiter, Class/Comp, Data Team (Central HR): Central HR staff members who finalize PD, evaluate job, create job in Banner, and assist with recruitment once requisition has been launched.
Search Administrator: Can view and compile all search committee feedback. Can only leave feedback if they are also a search committee member.
Search Committee Member: Reviews and evaluates candidates. Includes search chair who facilitates the search committee meetings, decision-making. Can include non-users (external parties, students, GTFs, etc.) with advance notice of system privileges needed.
Hiring Manager Proxy: Optional role. Gives assignee ability to see applicants throughout the hiring process. Optional permission to select outcomes is available.
The following list outlines potential visibility or access to perform functions in MyTrack available to users with supervisor-level permissions. Note that some visibility or functions require additional assignment to specified user roles (see below). Access may also be limited to the user’s primary assigned team (level 3 org, or level 4 for CAS, or level 2 for Advancement/Communications).
Please note: all users may be assigned to any user role or approver role within the system. HR will check the final approver only. Departments are encouraged to develop internal protocols for user and approver assignments.
Position Descriptions--view/access is limited to their assigned team
- Can view position description library
- Can create new, edit, or copy position descriptions
- Can view/edit notes on position descriptions
- Can view/attach documents on position descriptions
- Can restart approval process or can edit approval process if they are also one of the assigned approvers
Job Requisitions – requires a user role assignment on the job requisition in addition to supervisor-level permissions
- Can view/edit notes on job requisitions
- Can view/attach documents on job requisitions
- Can view/edit approvals on job requisitions
- Can add Hiring Manager Proxy(ies) on job requisitions
Applicants/Applications—requires a user role assignment on the job requisition in addition to supervisor-level permissions
- View applicant personal data (address, phone, email)
- View application (all forms of application plus attached materials including supplemental questions, vita, cover letter, resume, etc.)
- View the advertising source of the application
- View activities the applicant has completed in the system
- View notes, completed forms, flags on the applicant
- View status of application history
- Assign applicant statuses (move applicants through search, including final disposition of applicants—only if hiring manager or hiring manager proxy role in addition to supervisor-level permissions)
- Compile and send applicants’ materials to other users
- Send ad hoc communications to applicants
- View system-generated communications with applicants
- View/assign/complete internal forms (interview, reference, etc.)
- View/request reference checks
- Assign applications for review by additional individuals (e.g. outside of the search committee)
Offer—requires a user role assignment on the job requisition in addition to supervisor-level permissions
- View/edit details of proposed offers
- Attach individual documents to proposed offer
- Set up provisioning at offer stage
Onboarding—requires user role assignment as direct supervisor or onboarding delegate at the offer stage
- View, create new, edit existing (incomplete), remove, or reorder onboarding tasks for a new employee
- Email new employees to notify if changes are made to onboarding tasks
- View/filter all onboarding tasks by task, employee, or manager
Main System Permissions/Views
- Have “bubble” dashboard view alerting access to job requisitions, approvals, advertisements, search committees or offers requiring attention