Working at the UO is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an elite instiution and being a Duck has its perks.
Here are some UO perks you should know about.
- The Athletics Department offers employees a reduced price on season tickets to athletic events. Employees receive the reduced price on the first two tickets purchased. Season tickets may be paid for through a payroll deduction plan. To purchase your season tickets call the ticket service team at 541-346-8281. Employees also can sign up for more information or purchase tickets through the online Ticket Marketplace.
The Duck Store
- The Duck Store offers employees discounts on certain book purchases and course materials.
- Computer Purchase Information -The Duck Store offers special prices on technology products including computer hardware and software, iPads, and tablets. For information about available products and pricing, visit The Duck Store, contact a representative by phone at (541) 346-4331, or send an email to Tech@uoduckstore.com
Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program -Eligible employees and their dependents have access to no cost, confidential, counseling and consultative services with licensed professionals through the EAP. The services include short-term professional counseling and assessment, child-care and elder-care resource and referral, legal and financial consultations, and an interactive website offering wellness information tailored to employee needs and interests.
Employee Benefits (medical, dental, vision and life insurance)
- UO Group Insurance is offered to all eligible employees and includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Other optional insurance benefits are also available.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) allow you to save on income tax by planning and saving for IRS-qualified expenses. Through an FSA account, you can set aside money on a pre-tax basis to cover certain healthcare and child care expenses.
Junior Duck Club
- Join the Junior Duck Club today! The Junior Duck Club is a teriffic way for young Duck Fans (age 12 and under) to become involved in Oregon Athletics and activities. By joining the club you'll receive an official membership card for Oregon events, plus other great items.
Living in Duck Country
- Eugene, Oregon takes pride in being a college town that supports the University of Oregon. Duck fans across the city cheer on UO Athletics at campus venues and at watch parties around town.
- 29 Things You Learn While Living in Eugene
- Employees receive free admission to both the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art and the Museum of Natural and Cultural History.
Ride the Bus for Free
- Employees, working at least 0.5 FTE, can ride any LTD/EmX bus free of charge by presenting their UO Photo ID to the driver when boarding. Check out the Lane Transit District website for bus schedules near where you live.
Staff Tuition Benefit
- Staff tuition benefits are included in the employee benefit program to encourage and assist eligible employees with educational pursuits.
Tickets to Campus Events
- The UO Ticket Office is a full-service outlet that provides ticket sales for a broad range of venues both on and off campus. As a sales outlet for TicketsWest, the Hult Center, the WOW Hall, Hi-Fi Music Hall, local promoters, and UO organizations, employees can make ticket purchases for thousands of concerts, plays, and events held on campus, in Eugene, and throughout the Pacific Northwest without leaving campus. Visit their website for a full listing of events and services.
Time Off at the UO
- Vacation - Eligible employees accrue vacation on a monthly basis. Eligibility and accrual schedule are based on employee classification.
- Sick Leave - All full-time employees receive eight hours of sick leave for each full month of service. Employees are eligible to use accrued sick leave with pay immediately upon accrual. Employees working less than full-time accrue sick leave on a pro rata basis. There is no limit to the amount of sick leave employees can accumulate. Unused sick leave is not paid out at termination.
- Holidays -The University of Oregon observes many national holidays throughout the year. Eligibility for compensation may vary by employee classification.
- Personal Leave - All classified employees receive personal leave with pay after six months of employment. For eligibility requirements and accrual schedule refer to collective bargaining agreement (CBA) for your classification.